Humber College Requirements for Split Tails & Hitches
- A swabish and a blakes hitch will be the only friction hitches used for our climbing system
- An English prussic or swabish may be used for the lanyard adjuster
- No mechanical hitches are allowed for your climbing system
- Mechanical rope grabs may be used as a lanyard adjuster provided they were installed on the lanyard at the manufacturer and are not able to be quickly disconnected
- Eye to eyes/split tails for your climbing system shall be high heat resistant and of an appropriate size according to your rope.
- Lanyard adjuster do not need to be high heat resistant but are recommended