In designing the International Pocket Transit, Brunton has managed to create a transit that reduces needle dip when moved to different hemispheres. It has outstandingly smooth needle movement, thanks to its powerful alnico five magnets. These are mounted to a polished and cupped sapphire jewel bearing. The International’s needle has a lower center of gravity than other transits, which means it can be used in a wide range of countries.
The International is also suited for use in a variety of situations. A cast aluminum body makes the Internal Pocket Transit nearly indestructible, and silicon sealing makes it waterproof. These features mean that the forester or environmental scientist will have a reliable tool they can use for years without damage or wear.
- Vertical angle measurements to +/-90° or 100% grade
- A percent grade scale with increments of 5%
- Magnetic declination adjustment allows for east or west declination settings to 180°
- Short and long sights for increased accuracy when sighting azimuth or vertical angles
- Precision aligned mirror with convenient "see-through" sighting capability
- Leather case included
- Overall dimensions: 3.1"x2.8"x1.3''
- Weight: 6.8 oz
- Made in the USA
Please note that these transits can be sent to the manufacturer for repair and calibration, if needed.