Haglof EC II D Electronic Clinometer
SKU: INH151021019MP Haglof
HAGLÖF EC II-D ELECTRONIC CLINOMETER TO MEASURE HEIGHTS AND INCLINATION, AND FEATURING DISTANCE CALCULATION.
The Haglöf ECIID Clinometer is used by forestry professionals to measure angles and heights. The ECIID continues the Haglöf legacy, with well-known quality and accuracy. The new clinometer now features an easy to use three-button design. It allows its user to measure results instantly with its built-in display. These results, which are electronically calculated, greatly reduce the risk of calculation and reading errors.
The model EC II D uses basic trigonometry to calculate the distance between you (the user) and the object being measured. Set a reference height mark on the object at 2 meters. Step back until you have a clear view of the reference mark and the top of object. Measure the angle to the reference mark, followed by the usual base angle and top angle. The EC II D will calculate and display the height of the object for you.
Although it is primarily used to measure the height of trees, the clinometer can be used in other industries as well. It can be used in road construction and planning, geology, archaeology, and a host of other uses. The user can measure heights from virtually any distance from the object. The ECII uses a single AA battery, which can be replaced by sliding open the battery cover.
The clinometer is exceptionally economical on battery consumption, and a single battery can often last for several months. The ECII is sure to be a companion for any professional that needs to measure an object 's height in the field.
- Well-known product quality with appreciated accuracy results
- Three-button operation design
- Distance calculation with reference height
- Low battery consumption and internal display
- Instant result of inclination and height
- No more calculation errors or misreading of scales
How to use EC II-D
Calculate the distance with EC II-D
For best possible results, stand as far from the tree as the tree is high when performing the measurement.To calculate the distance, set a reference height mark at 2m / 6ft on the tree.
- Put a mark on the tree at reference height 2m / 6ft. Walk away from the tree long enough to see the root, the reference mark and the top of the tree.
- First aim at the root and press the button until a signal is heard and the value freezes in the display.
- Aim at the reference height mark and press the button until the signal is heard and the value freezes. The calculated distance will show briefly.
- Aim at the tree top (or other height on the tree) and press the button until the signal is heard again and the value freezes. The calculated height value now shows in the instrument display.
Measure the distance manually
For best possible results, stand as far from the tree as the tree is high when performing the measurement.
- Measure the distance from the tree root to your eye. Use a measuring tape or thread meter. Move away from the tree until you can visualize the entire tree – both the root and the top of the tree.
- Enter the measured distance value in the EC II-D instrument.
- Aim at the root and press the button until a signal is heard and the value freezes in the display.
- Aim at the tree top (or other height on the tree) and press the button until the signal is heard and the value freezes.The calculated height now shows in the instrument display.
|Size||20x63x44mm/0.8 x 2.5×1.7”.|
|Weight||50 g/1.8 oz (incl. battery).|
|Temperature||Min -15° Max 45°C/Min 5° Max 113°F.|
|Battery||1 x 1.5 V AA alkaline. Warning when low|
|Height||Min 0 Max 999 m/ft. Resolution: 0,1m/ft < 100m/ft or 1m/ft>100m/ft.|
|Angles||-55˚ < angle < 85˚. Resolution: 0.1˚. Accuracy: +-0.2˚|