With a composite body that has less thermal retention, this transit is both lighter and more affordable. It incorporates a cast NdFeB rare-earth magnet, precisely balanced on a sapphire bearing. This results in a powerful magnet, which quickly seeks magnetic north and allows for faster readings. It comes with a leather case.
The Brunton Compro Pocket Transit has a number of additional features to aid in reading and navigation. It has an induction dampened needle that allows its user to get quick and accurate readings. It has magnetic declination adjustments allows for east or west declination settings to +/- 180°. Also, it has short and long sights for increased accuracy when sighting azimuth or vertical angles
- Graduated 0-360 degrees
- Balanced for zone 1 (North America)
- Vertical angle measurements to +/- 90° or 100% grades
- A percent grade sale with increments of 5%
- Precision aligned mirror with convenient "see-through" sighting capability
- Ball & socket tripod mount for increased accuracy (sold separately)
- O-rings make the ComPro waterproof for increased reliability
- Overall dimensions: 3.2''x2.8''x1.3''
- Weight: 5.7 oz
- Made in the USA