Vertex is many foresters’ preferred choice of instrument to perform precision height, angle and distance measurements in the forest. The Vertex 5 can be used in dense vegetation and undergrowth.
- Measure Distance up to 30 meters or 100 feet with a resolution of 0,01 m or 0,1 feet even in dense vegetation, and with an accuracy of +-1% or better if calibrated
- Measure Heights up to 999 meters or 3277 feet with a resolution of 0.1m/0.1 ft
- Measure Angles in Degrees 360°, Grads 400° or percent % with a resolution of 0.1°
- 5000 data sets can be stored in the built-in memory and saved as a CSV file
- Bluetooth® 4.0 (BLE) can be used to transfer data wirelessly to devices with Android, iOS, or Windows
- (BAF) Basal Area Function to determine the minimum diameter DBH that a tree most have, on sample point to be counted
- Size - 80x54x31mm (3,14”x2,12”x1,22”)
- Weight - 173 g (6.10 oz.)(incl. battery)
- Battery - 1 x 1,5 AA alkaline
- Current - 20mA with Bluetooth 150mA
- Temperature - 20° to +45°C / ‐4°F to 113°F
- Wireless interface - IR, Bluetooth® BLE
- Memory - storage 5000 data sets.
- Signal - Built-in loud speaker
- Ultra sonic frequency - 25 kHz
- Height - 999 m (3277 ft.). Resolution: 0.1 m/ 0.1 ft
- Angle - -90° to +90° deg./ ‐100° to +100° grads, Resolution: 0.1˚
- Distance - 30 m / 100 ft. With 360° adapter 20 m / 60 ft.
- Resolution - 0.01 m/ 0.1 ft Accuracy: 1%
- BAF Factors - 0.5, 1 to 9 (m2/ha) or 5, 10, 15..to 50 (ft2/acre)
- Size - Diameter 70 mm/2,8”
- Weight - 85 g/5 oz (Incl. Battery).
- Battery - 1 ea AA 1.5V alkaline battery necessary for T3
- Power - consumption 9mW