The onyx is a newly designed carabiner with an integrated pulley, featuring a true HMS style frame that allows for faster and easier connection of the carabiner to a wide variety of objects, as well as a widened sheave that helps ensure the rope stays in place. The Onyx is not designed to replace a pulley in every rigging application.
Acceptable Uses: The Onyx should ONLY be used in the following configurations
• Redirection Pulley in Rapid Ascent and Descent (RAD) configurations.
• Traveling Pulley for Mechanical Advantage Systems to be used towards the load, ahead of a
suitable progress capture device for the raising system.
• Change of direction behind the systems main progress
Unacceptable Uses: This is NOT an exhaustive list
• Used as an Elevated Change of Direction
• Highline/skate block applications
• As a connector for a climbing system
• Terminating a rope onto the bottom of the frame
• All uses not strictly outlined in the acceptable uses section
WARNING: THE ONYX IS NOT DESIGNED OR INTENDED TO REPLACE A PULLEY IN EVERY RIGGING APPLICATION.
Orientation of the Onyx should be carefully monitored during use to ensure that the carabiner is loaded in-line along the major axis. Ensure
the rope does not become loaded below the gate’s rivet (minor axis) while moving.
• The bottom of the carabiner frame, below the pulley, is not a becket and shall
not be used as a connection point.
• Ensure the carabiner gate is functioning freely and locks completely as
verified by a multi-click function test.
• Remove equipment from service immediately upon notice of damage.
||4.9 oz /138.91 gm
|Major Axis Strength
|Minor Axis Strength
|Open Gate Strength
|For Use With Ropes